The Royal Yacht Britannia, in Edinburgh, is delighted to introduce Clyde, a commemorative limited edition teddy bear handcrafted in Great Britain. Britannia commissioned renowned toy manufacturer Merrythought to create the golden mohair bear in celebration of Britannia's 60th Anniversary (1953-2013). With a limited edition of 150 and retailing at £150.00, each teddy is individually numbered and beautifully presented in a navy and gold embossed box.
Clyde's name was inspired from Britannia's shipbuilding roots. The Royal Yacht Britannia was built by John Brown & Co shipyard in Clydebank and launched by HM The Queen in 1953.
The collectable bear is 12 inches tall and wears an exquisite navy velvet sash featuring the anchor and rose from Britannia's crest. Clyde is fully jointed and made with the finest mohair using traditional methods.
The handsome bear is a very special gift for any child born in 2013 and fits well with the passion surrounding the birth of the Royal Baby due in July of this year.
Established in 1930 Merrythought is one of the oldest and most prestigious of England's toy manufacturers. For over 80 years the magic of Merrythought has delighted adults and children of all ages with ranges of traditionally handcrafted soft toys. Its bears are still being made in the company's original Victorian factory in the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, Shropshire.
The Royal Yacht Britannia and Merrythought are proud to collaborate and to produce something very special and very British.
Stock is available now from www.royalyachtbritannia.co.uk.
For more information or images of Britannia, please call 0131 555 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for Editors:
1. Clyde is available in the Britannia gift shop located on the 2nd floor of Ocean Terminal in Leith, Edinburgh, and can also be purchased online at www.royalyachtbritannia.co.uk/shop.
2. Voted VisitScotland's Best Visitor Attraction, The Royal Yacht Britannia welcomes over 275,000 visitors every year.
3. Britannia sailed the oceans for nearly 44 years, travelling over a million nautical miles, calling at over 600 ports in 135 countries and generating excitement and admiration throughout the world.
4. To The Queen and the Royal Family, Britannia proved to be the perfect Royal residence for glittering state occasions, official receptions, honeymoons and the annual two week family holiday to the Western Isles of Scotland and The Queen famously described Britannia as "the one place I can truly relax". Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh took a leading role in the design of Britannia, personally approving plans and selecting furniture, fabrics and paintings. Each room was filled with their photographs, treasured heirlooms, and much-loved possessions and gifts from across the globe. Royal Collection own 95% of the items on board, including furniture, photographs, pictures and artefacts, and these are the original pieces which were in place when the yacht was in service.
5. No matter where Britannia was in the world, however exotic or remote, stepping back on board was always a homecoming for The Queen. Berthed in Edinburgh, and now rated as Scotland's best visitor attraction, visitors to Britannia are invited to step back in time, follow in the footsteps of Royalty, and celebrate 60 years of this much loved and most majestic of ships.
6. Visitors can discover the heart and soul of Britannia with a tour of five decks. The experience begins in the Visitor Centre where you learn about Britannia's fascinating story. Then step aboard with your complimentary self-led audio handset, which gives a unique insight into what life was like on board for the Royal Family and crew. Highlights include the magnificent State Apartments, the Honeymoon Suite, the cramped Crew's Quarters and the gleaming Engine Room. Visitors can also treat themselves to lunch, or tea and cake in the stunning Royal Deck Tea Room.
If you have found the content on this page interesting please share it with your online community using the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank you.