Hours: 3 – 5 days per week, a mixture of dayshift 6am – 2pm and backshift 12 – 8pm, including weekends – an average of 32 or 36 hours per week
Pay: £8.75 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh. The 150-strong team on board is committed to the same standards of excellence that were expected while Britannia was in service. This dedication to excellence has led to Britannia being rated as Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 12 years running by national tourist board VisitScotland and TripAdvisor’s Top 5 UK Landmark Attraction.
Our Visitor Experience department is now looking for a Cleaner to join the team.
Reporting directly to the Head Housekeeper, key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the Britannia tour route and Visitor Centre are cleaned to a high standard and maintained throughout your shift.
- Safe use and storage of all equipment and chemicals required to maintain the cleanliness of the tour route and Visitor Centre.
- Assisting with any other duties, as required by the Head Housekeeper and Visitor Experience Managers.
Core hours: Averaging 32hrs or 36hrs a week (dayshift - 6am – 2pm or backshift - 12pm - 8pm, including weekends), with any additional holiday/shift cover, as required, to suit the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high standards in cleaning, have a friendly, can-do attitude and a desire to help and assist staff and visitors alike.
Company benefits include:
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets
- Staff discount in the Gift Shop and Royal Deck Tea Room
- Free car parking for staff
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Cleaner to: email@example.com or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Ocean Drive, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6JJ
Closing date: 19th October 2018
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.