Guest Services Assistant - Fingal Hotel
Pay: £10.30 - £11.00 per hour (Depending on experience)
We are currently recruiting for a Guest Services Assistant to join our vibrant crew. Already rated as TripAdvisor’s No.1 Traveller Ranked Hotel in Edinburgh, former Northern Lighthouse Board ship, Fingal has begun an exciting new chapter as a luxury floating hotel in Leith, Edinburgh. Our crew is the core asset of Fingal’s brand, full of warmth and passion, with a shared vision for creating an amazing experience.
As Guest Services Assistant for Fingal you will work as part of a dynamic Front of House team to ensure that the guest experience from first contact to departure is truly outstanding. The chosen candidate will join our team and lead in delivering a guest experience that is intuitive, warm and safe. You will be a key player in ensuring the highest level of service is provided in all operational areas to maximise guest satisfaction. A true ambassador you will deal with all requests and queries in an efficient and professional manner, whether face to face or over the telephone. You will focus on all areas, including Front of House and Sales, working shifts as the business requires (weekends and evenings).
Guest Services Assistant duties will be varied and are likely to include, but not limited to:
- Meeting and greeting guests/clients to ensure they receive the appropriate recognition and arrival experience.
- Assisting with handling and movement of guest luggage for arrival and departure.
- Advising about the local area, local events, attractions, sightseeing, cultural events and providing directions.
- Dealing with reservation and general enquiries both online and on the telephone from customers regarding availability. Taking guest payment.
- Extensive general administrative duties as required (daily financial reporting including invoicing, filing, cash handling & inventory management).
- Working with housekeeping to turn around bedrooms efficiently and to ensure the environment meets the required standards.
- Complaint handing, problem solving and passing on guest feedback.
- Ensure all public hotel areas are kept to the highest presentation standards.
- Maintain accuracy of all guest history records.
- Ensure guest security and confidentiality is maintained at all times in all aspects.
- Upselling additional products within The Royal Yacht Britannia Collection.
- A good level of computer/IT knowledge.
- Able to assist the Events/Restaurant team.
- Taking responsibility for the safety & security of the premises.
- Completion of daily night audit tasks as required.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude that inspires those around you to perform to the best of their ability.
- Ensure a professional appearance and warm personality, while still being friendly and approachable. You will be confident and dynamic.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding.
- Passion for the Hospitality Industry and a strong desire to work in the five-star sector.
- Previous experience in the luxury market is essential.
- Must be able to communicate freely and eloquently with guests.
- Must have a good numerical and creative mind.
- Fully committed and reliable.
- Good knowledge of Edinburgh is desired.
Company benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution)
- 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement
- Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel)
- Free car parking for staff at The Royal Yacht Britannia
- Meals on duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Front of House Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.