Night Manager - Fingal Hotel
Job Title: Night Manager - Fingal
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Night Manager to join our vibrant crew. The Night Manager will report to the Front of House Manager.
Fingal opened in January 2019 as a unique addition to Edinburgh’s hotel scene following a £5-million development. Already rated as TripAdvisor’s No.1 Traveller Ranked Hotel in Edinburgh, this former Northern Lighthouse Board ship has begun an exciting new chapter offering beautiful cabins, dining and entertaining space.
Fingal’s 23 luxury cabins are each named after Stevenson lighthouses, inspired by her rich maritime heritage. Sleek corridors lined with lighthouse images lead to the choice of cabins, from a luxury cabin with access to the deck, a duplex cabin with comfortable living space or the stunning Skerryvore Suite with extensive outdoor space to relax and entertain.
Berthed in the historic Port of Leith, Fingal also provides an exciting new events venue for the city. The spectacular ballroom seats 60 guests and features a moveable skylight (large enough to lower a car through). Our crew is the core asset of Fingal’s brand, full of warmth and passion, with a shared vision for creating an amazing experience.
As Night Manager for Fingal you will play an important role within the team and will be heavily involved in the overall hotel operation at night. You will actively promote, co-ordinate and deliver excellent customer service across all areas of the hotel, assisting all departments in ensuring guests' needs are exceeded. You will have a strong presence in the front of house areas at key business times and take the opportunity to build rapport with guests. You will have a confident, guest facing, engaging personality with a desire to exceed our guests' expectations during every interaction.
During the absence of senior management, you will be required to assume responsibility for specific shifts, therefore, you will be willing to accept this responsibility and not be averse to making decisions. You must be able to communicate at all levels, be effective when managing people, be dedicated and have strong commercial awareness. You will be a first responder in the event of an emergency or any guest incidents throughout the hotel, ensuring they are dealt with in an efficient manner.
As our Night Manager, you will be able to:
- Coordinate pre-arrival arrangements and assist in facilitating a seamless arrival experience.
- Meet and greet guests to ensure they receive the appropriate recognition and are made to feel welcome on board.
- Deliver excellent customer service in everything that you do throughout our guest’s journey.
- Coordinate the Front of House and back of house operations between Guest Services, Concierge, Night Team and Housekeeping.
- Liaise with Events and group organisers to ensure the smooth arrival and departure of groups and provide a consistent point of management contact during their stay.
- Carry out Duty Management to ensure the smooth running of the hotel at all times including overseeing the restaurant and events on a daily basis.
- Be aware of future business levels to allow proactive planning.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with guests to ensure they always have a face and name to welcome them to Fingal.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with other departments and ensure corrective feedback is provided with the goal of reinforcing commitment to best service practice.
- Ensure all hotel areas visible to the public eye are maintained to the highest presentation standards.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of all guest history records.
- Ensure guest security and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Continually monitoring standards and procedures for the Front of House department for Fingal.
- Assist the Front of House Manager in appraising team members to agree individual targets to drive forward the desired service standards and revenue targets.
- Maintain an overview of guest bills and ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and timely payment.
- Due to insurance requirements, applicants must be over 25 years of age with a full clean driving licence to valet park guests' cars.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude at all times and inspire those around you to perform to the best of their ability.
- A professional appearance and warm personality. Friendly and approachable.
- First point of contact for our guests, clients and crew, you will be confident and dynamic.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding.
- Previous experience in the five star luxury sector is essential.
- Must be able to communicate freely and eloquently with guests.
- Must have a good numerical and creative mind.
Company benefits include:
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets for Britannia and staff discount
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Front of House Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: Saturday 30 November
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.