Hours: Full Time
Pay: Depending on experience
This is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef to join our kitchen brigade on board Fingal.
Fingal is a luxury floating hotel permanently berthed on Edinburgh’s vibrant waterfront. This historic ship started life as a lighthouse tender, helping maintain lighthouses and transporting their keepers, equipment and supplies to some of the most treacherous locations in Scotland. Launched in January 2019, she has been transformed into an exquisite 23 cabin boutique hotel and exclusive use venue by the award winning team at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
A hotel with all the glamour and style of a superyacht but with an old-world elegance that is completely unique. Curves and tilts, deck spaces and beautiful lines that tell the story of Fingal’s rich seafaring history, offering a totally unique experience, far removed from your everyday world.
Our crew are the core asset of Fingal’s brand, full of warmth and passion, with a shared vision for creating an amazing experience.
When it comes to produce we use only the best aboard Fingal. We are passionate about creating dishes and using fresh local produce; we take inspiration from what’s in season and the ingredients presented to us by our local forager.
This role would suit someone with a great work ethic, an enthusiasm & passion for cooking and a proven track record of delivering excellence.
As our Sous Chef duties are likely to include, but are not limited to:
- Following the guidance of the Head Chef in the preparation and presentation of all menu dishes and other products made within the Galley.
- Optimising the cooking processes with attention to speed, quality and delivery.
- Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards and maintaining impeccable quality standards within the Galley and service areas at all times, including overseeing a weekly deep cleaning schedule.
- Ensuring smooth and friendly cooperation, communication, training & mentoring within the Galley and service areas and team as a whole.
- Appreciation of the importance of achieving agreed gross margin, the pricing of dishes, from order to execution.
- Proven experience and responsibility in a busy, fast paced kitchen.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Attention to detail and high standards of presentation, creative flair and imagination.
Company benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution)
- 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement
- Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel)
- Free car parking for staff at The Royal Yacht Britannia
- Meals on duty – you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to email@example.com
No agencies please.