Job role: Waiter/Waitress, Food & Beverage Department
Hours: Full-time and part-time positions available
Pay: £9 per hour + tips
We are currently recruiting a Waiter/Waitress to join our vibrant team in the Royal Deck Tea Room.
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning five-star visitor attraction and exclusive events venue in Edinburgh. The 150-strong team on board is committed to the same standards of excellence that were expected when Britannia was in service. Our Royal Deck Tea Room on board offers stunning views of the waterfront and is available during the day for our visitors to enjoy light refreshments in unique surroundings.
Former Northern Lighthouse Board ship, Fingal, a £5 million investment by The Royal Yacht Britannia, offers the ultimate in luxury, with 23 beautifully styled cabins and will also provide an exciting new events venue for the city.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with previous experience working in a busy hospitality environment, who has a can-do, flexible and positive attitude, smart appearance and excellent communication skills. The role will include supporting the Food and Beverage Team with many types of events within the Food and Beverage areas including the Tea Room, Bar, Breakfast Room, weddings, parties and large corporate events. You will ensure that our visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable visit by delivering outstanding five-star customer service.
We are currently looking for applicants for both full-time and part-time positions, and the shifts available will range from 5 days for full-time and 3-4 days for part-time roles, including weekends.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting and guiding customers to their tables
- Up-selling additional products when appropriate
- Taking accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or memorisation
- Checking customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Serving food and drinks orders
- Arranging table settings and maintaining a tidy dining area
- Delivering and collecting bill payments
- Meeting with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Following all relevant health department regulations
- Providing excellent customer service to guests
Company benefits include:
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets
- Staff discount in the Gift Shop and Royal Deck Tea Room
To apply, please send your CV to: email@example.com or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.