Pay: £9.79 per hour
Hours: Part time
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Led by Chief Executive, Bob Downie, Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which? Magazine 2020) and Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 13 years running. Britannia is also TripAdvisor’s Travellers' Choice Best of the Best award winner, and the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Visitor Experience department is dedicated to ensuring that visitors receive the highest level of customer experience possible and we are looking for a Welcome Host to join the team.
At The Royal Yacht Britannia the highest standards of customer service are part of everyday life. A five-star visitor attraction where quality and attention to detail matter. We are currently looking for a part time Welcome Host to join our team. Days available will range from 2-3 days per week and will include weekends. Daily shifts will be between 5-7 hours per day. Full training will be given and uniform provided.
As part of our Visitor Experience team you will report to the Visitor Experience Manager. The job is based in our Visitor Centre. The position can be physically demanding as you will be standing throughout the duration of your shift.
It is your role to welcome visitors to Britannia and facilitate their entry to the visitor centre, ensuring it is an enjoyable and stress-free experience.
- Perform a concierge role at front of house
- Provide a warm welcome to visitors
- Scan visitor tickets using a handheld scanner – training provided
- Aid visitors in case of emergencies or evacuation
- Queue management
- Have a broad knowledge of information that visitors may require and provide this at point of contact
- Assist with any other duties as directed by your line manager
If you are enthusiastic, with a smart appearance, a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a passion for exceptional customer care, then we would love to hear from you.
Company benefits include:
- 33 days pro-rata annual holiday entitlement
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
- Generous company pension
- Life Assurance
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia
- Staff discount in the Britannia Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tea Room & The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal
- Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Welcome Host to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
The closing date for applications is 18 January.
No agencies please.