Queen Elizabeth II always provided entertainment for her guests on board, and we continue to follow that tradition today. Perhaps you'd like The Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines to perform a spectacular Beating Retreat? Whether it's beautiful background music during dinner, or to dance the night away in the stunning Royal Deck to the sound of a swing band, our Events team will create the event of a lifetime.
A small selection of our entertainment options:
- Harpist and flute - this beautiful combination creates elegant background music, perfect for a small to medium dinner.
- Jazz trio - the Britannia trio of guitar, clarinet/saxophone and double bass add a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere with light classics that appeal to everyone.
- Beating Retreat display - when Queen Elizabeth II entertained guests on board, the evening would always finish with the Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines Beating Retreat, performed on the quayside. For a truly memorable end to an evening on board Britannia, we can organise the same for you.
- After dinner speaker - hear a former commodore talk about his fascinating life on board Britannia.
- Whisky Tasting - enjoy a tutored Whisky Tasting savouring 3 different drams from distilleries across Scotland. Guests will enjoy hearing from our Whisky Expert who will talk through the flavour profiles and the five steps to appreciating Scotch Whisky.