Welcome to Groups
What size of group can receive a group discount?
In January, February, November and December 2024, a group can receive a 20% discount with 15 or more individuals all day.
In March, April and October, a group can receive a 15% discount all day.
In May, June, July, August and September, groups of 15 or more individuals can receive a group booking discount of 10% in the first and last three group slots of the day.
Please note, this group discount is available to pre-booked groups only, and not at the Ticket Desk on the day.
Can I book outwith the group time slot?
Until 30 April you can book any time slot. From May onwards, you can only book a group within one of the available group booking slots.
How do I make a group booking?
Group bookings will now be made through the Britannia website and will require to be paid for in advance. To make a group booking, please click here. During this process you will be given the chance to create an account. If you chose to create an account, you will be able to manage your booking as described below.
Can I book smaller groups?
Yes, however the group rates only apply for 15 or more people.
Does it make a difference to my group booking if there are children or concessions within my group?
No. All tickets will receive a discount on the advertised ticket price.
Can I change a booking?
You can change a booking at no penalty to yourself any time up to 48 hours prior to the booking. After this time, no refunds will be given on cancelled bookings or un-used tickets.
How do I change a booking?
If you have created an account, you will be able to login and move a booking to a different day or time yourself. If you wish to change the numbers that you have booked or have not created an account, then any changes will have to be made by us and you should inform us using the following email email@example.com. Please provide us with the booking reference, date and time of the booking, the name the group is booked under and the change to be made. Changes will only be possible up to 48 hours prior to the booking. If you wish to increase the number of tickets on a booking, please provide your contact details and have a credit or debit card available when we contact you to make the change.
How do I cancel a booking or reduce the numbers?
If you wish to cancel a booking (or reduce the number of tickets on a booking), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the booking reference, date and time of the booking, the name the group is booked under and the change to be made. Any refund due will be credited back within five working days to the card you used to make the original booking. Any changes within 48 hours of the booking being due will not be eligible for a refund.
Is there any alternative to email if I wish to change or cancel a booking?
Whilst we would encourage everyone to use the email above, we understand that at certain times you may wish to speak to someone. As Britannia no longer has a group booking team, all telephone enquiries will now be responded to by our Visitor Experience management team. You will be able to leave a message for the team on the following number 0131 378 2017, (please note that this phone is not staffed but will be monitored 09:00 – 17:00, 7 days) and a colleague will contact you to respond to your query.
Why are there limited group discount time slots?
In response to visitor feedback and to ensure that we provide the best possible experience we have reduced the capacity of the tour to a maximum of 60 visitors every 15 minutes. As a result, we are no longer able to sell an unlimited number of tickets at reduced prices.
Will the driver, guide or group leader still get free admission?
As a charity and following the pandemic we are no longer able to give free admission.
Why must I now pay in advance?
As we are limiting the number of visitor bookings per time slot and the number of time slots available, our overall visitor capacity has reduced, we therefore require that all bookings are paid for in advance to avoid loss of income from unpaid group bookings.
Do you have a risk assessment?
Yes, you can see our risk assessment here.
Can I book my group in the Royal Deck Tearoom?
We do not take bookings, the Tearoom is available to all visitors on a first come, first served basis.
Updated December 2023
Terms & Conditions
- To receive a discount, a group requires to be made up of 15 or more tickets and booked within specific discounted time slots.
- Discounted time slots are set by Britannia and may be changed or withdrawn at our discretion.
- All groups must be booked through the Britannia website and payment must be made in advance.
- Group bookings may be changed or cancelled up to 48 hours before the date and time of the booking at no penalty to the organiser.
- Any changes within the 48 hours prior to the date and time of the booking will not be eligible for a refund.
- If any changes take the booking out of the discounted times or below 15 tickets then any discount previously applied will be lost, and the full price will need to be paid on the remainder of the booking.
- If any changes are made to a booking, then payments will need to be made at the time of the change.
- Where changes or cancellations up to 48 hours before the date and time of the booking result in a refund being owed, then this will be processed within five working days of the change. Any refund will be applied back to the card used for the original booking.