How to apply
After you have visited The Royal Yacht Britannia, you can apply for your free Annual Pass which offers free admission for 12 months.
If you purchased your tickets online or visited after 22 June 2023, click here to apply: http://tryb.co.uk/annual-pass-page/
If you visited before 22 June 2023 and purchased your tickets at the ticket desk, please click here.
Instructions for how to apply
- Click this link
- Select the date of your visit from the calendar and enter your booking reference starting with D. Please input your booking reference in uppercase.
- Online tickets: If you booked your tickets online, enter your booking reference number from your confirmation e-mail.
- In person ticket purchase: On the bottom of your receipt you will find your reference.
- Click Submit.
- Fill in the details for each person you purchased tickets for and who wishes to have an Annual Pass. The e-mailed digital Annual Pass will list each person you have applied for. If each person wishes to have their own individual digital Annual Pass, they should apply separately, following these instructions from start to finish.
- Upload a photo of each person respectively. If you need to pick another photo, click choose file again.
- When you have filled in all the required fields and chosen a photo for each person click Submit at the bottom.
- An e-mail will be sent to you with a barcode which acts as your Annual Pass, allowing you to visit for free for 12 months from your visit date.
Q: How long do I have to apply for my Annual Pass?
A: Your Annual Pass provides 12 months admission from the date of your visit. The quicker you apply for your Annual Pass, the longer you have to visit, i.e. if you apply on the day you visited you will have 12 months. If you apply 6 months later, you will have 6 months left on your Annual Pass for complimentary admission.
Q: Can I pre-book with my Annual Pass?
Annual Pass holders do not need to pre-book, just come along at your chosen date/time within our admission hours and show your e-mail pass at Reception. This e-mail is sent to you after completing your Annual Pass application.
Q: Are there any terms and conditions?
Yes, they are as follows:
1. The Britannia Annual Pass is non-transferable and is only valid for use by the person whose details and photograph we hold, who will be referred to as the ‘holder’.
2. This e-mail must be shown at the ticket desk to gain free entry, as the holder’s identity must be verified on our system before free admission is granted.
3. The Annual Pass entitles the holder to free entry to The Royal Yacht Britannia for 12 months from the date of your initial visit.
4. This Annual Pass cannot be used to purchase advance tickets, Gift Tickets or used in exchange to gain free tickets for others.
5. This Annual Pass has no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for goods or other services at Britannia.
6. Should this Annual Pass be misused, The Royal Yacht Britannia Trust reserves the right to withdraw it.
7. The Royal Yacht Britannia Trust reserves the right to change these terms and conditions.
If you can, please GIFT AID when you buy your Britannia ticket. It costs you nothing extra and it helps the Britannia Trust to claim back 25p from HM Revenue & Customs for every £1 you give. This makes a real difference to the work of the Britannia Trust.
If you are a UK taxpayer and you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of the Gift Aid claimed on all your donations, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
For further information, please see HM Revenue & Customs website.
The Royal Yacht Britannia Trust
Registered charity no. SC028070.
The Royal Yacht Britannia, Ocean Drive, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6JJ