Hours: Full time
Duration: 18 months fixed term
Pay: Depending on experience
Once home to Her Majesty The Queen, The Royal Yacht Britannia is one of the most luxurious events venues in the world where guests will experience the ‘event of a lifetime’. Exclusive dinners for up to 196 guests or drinks receptions for up to 500 can be hosted in the impressive State Apartments and stunning Royal Deck. Whatever the event, Britannia is the perfect setting for a wide range of exclusive evening events, including product launches, gala dinners, staff incentives, and receptions. Each event is bespoke, made to suit our client's needs.
An exciting new addition to our portfolio has been the launch of Fingal, Scotland’s first floating hotel. A £5 million investment by The Royal Yacht Britannia’s trading company, Royal Yacht Enterprises, saw the opening of former Northern Lighthouse Board ship Fingal as a luxury hotel. Now berthed in the historic Port of Leith, Fingal has 22 beautifully styled cabins, all named after Stevenson lighthouses, where guests are able to choose from their own cabin with private balcony, a duplex cabin or, for that special occasion, the stunning presidential suite.
Fingal has provided another events venue for the city. The spectacular Ballroom seats 60 guests and features a retractable skylight and minstrel’s gallery. Complete with sweeping staircases, the Ballroom floor is overlooked by our gallery bar – making Fingal the perfect space for brand and product launches, private celebrations and weddings.
As our Event Manager you will have in-depth knowledge of the luxury five-star market and have a well-proven track record of successful selling and managing high profile events. You will have experience in researching, planning and conducting on-site meetings with a highly effective and proactive approach. Since you will often be the first point of contact for any client, you will be a confident, dynamic self-starter, creative and well-presented. Providing excellent customer service, the ideal candidate will hold a genuine passion for delivery. These elements will be essential in everything that you do throughout the event cycle.
- Help with the processing of enquiries for both Fingal & The Royal Yacht Britannia, efficiently and promptly to maximise conversion to confirmed business.
- Manage approx. 70 events per annum, working with the client to produce a detailed and comprehensive event utilising the venue and client’s budget to its full potential.
- To encourage and gain client information to generate new and repeat business.
- Coordinate and host site visits and familiarisation trips on board Britannia & Fingal with the support of the Head of Sales & Events and Marketing Team where necessary.
- Maximise event upsell for both The Royal Yacht Britannia & Fingal throughout the event planning.
Key skills and attributes:
- In-depth experience of sales/events in a five-star or luxury business.
- Proven track record in managing high profile events.
- Excellent presentation and networking skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude that inspires those around you to perform to the best of their ability.
- A professional appearance and personality, whilst still being friendly and approachable.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building internal relationships to gain greater product knowledge and understanding of each role to obtain complete support for each event.
Core hours of work are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.05pm, however due to the nature of this position some weekend and evening working will be required, and time in lieu will be given.
Company benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
- 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement.
- Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement.
- Hybrid working opportunities.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel).
- Free car parking for staff at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of an Event Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Head of Sales & Events
The Royal Yacht Britannia & Fingal
Closing date: 19th August 2022
No agencies please.