Hours: Full Time
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Led by Chief Executive, Bob Downie, Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which? Magazine) and Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 13 years running. Britannia is also Tripadvisor’s Travellers' Choice Best of the Best award winner, and in the top 1% in the world in its category.
We are looking for an Office Receptionist/Administrator to join our friendly team and help ensure that Britannia continues to be a must-visit attraction and our sister ship Fingal, Scotland’s only luxury floating hotel, continues to be Edinburgh’s No.1 hotel.
The role is based in the Marketing team, dealing with incoming calls and fielding them to the appropriate departments. As the first point of contact for Britannia’s suppliers and customers, and the ‘voice of Britannia’, you must be professional, enthusiastic and friendly.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting departments with administration tasks.
- Processing Annual Passes as part of our Gift Aid scheme.
- Processing internal and external mail, as well as our online Gift Shop mail.
- Helping the Events department with menus, table plans and invites.
- Monitoring stationery stock levels and ordering when needed.
Company benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution)
- 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement
- Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel)
- Free car parking for staff at The Royal Yacht Britannia
If you are passionate about exceptional customer care and attention to detail, with a smart appearance, a can-do attitude, and excellent communication skills then we would love to hear from you.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Office Receptionist/Administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: 8 July 2022
No agencies please.