Visitor Assistants & Welcome Hosts
Job Title: Visitor Assistants & Welcome Hosts
Hours: Days available will range from 2 - 5 days per week and will include weekends. Daily shifts will be from 5 - 8 hours per day.
Duration: Seasonal & Permanent
Pay: £9.90 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 180 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Led by Chief Executive, Bob Downie, Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which? Magazine) and Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 13 years running. Britannia is also TripAdvisor’s Travellers' Choice Best of the Best award winner, and the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Visitor Experience department is now looking for Visitor Assistants and Welcome Hosts who are enthusiastic, of smart appearance, a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a passion for exceptional customer care.
At The Royal Yacht Britannia the highest standards of customer service are part of everyday life. A five-star visitor attraction where quality and attention to detail matter. We are currently looking for part time Visitor Assistants and Welcome Hosts to join our team. Days available will range from 2-5 days per week and will include weekends. Daily shifts will be between 5-8 hours per day. Full training will be given and uniform provided.
As part of our Visitor Experience team you will report to the Visitor Experience Manager. These jobs are based in our Visitor Centre and on board Britannia, on the outer decks, and inside on the tour route. The position can be physically demanding as you will be standing throughout the duration of your shift.
Your role will include welcoming visitors to Britannia, facilitating their entry to the Visitor Centre, and ensuring they have a safe and enjoyable visit by providing the high levels of service for which Britannia is renowned.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Performing a concierge role at front of house when required.
- Providing a warm welcome to visitors.
- Interacting with visitors throughout their tour.
- Helping visitors use their audio handset.
- Have a broad knowledge of information that visitors may require and provide this at point of contact.
- Assist with any other duties as directed by your line manager.
- Work as a guide at Britannia's exclusive evening events and private tours.
If you are enthusiastic, with a smart appearance, a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a passion for exceptional customer care, then we would love to hear from you.
Company benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
- 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement.
- Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement.
- Hybrid working opportunities.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
- Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel).
- Free car parking for staff.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Visitor Assistant and Welcome Host to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.