Hours: Zero Hours Contract
Pay: £9.58 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning five-star visitor attraction and exclusive events venue in Edinburgh. The 150-strong team on board is committed to delivering the same standards of excellence expected when Britannia was in service.
Our Security team ensures a safe environment for visitors and staff of this iconic vessel and provides 24-hour surveillance of the ship and its artefacts. We are now looking for a Security Officer to join the small, friendly team on board Britannia.
You will present a smart, professional, alert and visible security presence to staff, visitors and clients alike. You will ensure their safety, as well as the safety of the Yacht and its artefacts, by monitoring the CCTV, controlling access through the entry gates and by patrolling the ship. You will also be expected to receive deliveries, deal with lost property and respond to emergency situations on board.
Another important aspect of the role will be to assist visitors with any queries they may have, either face-to-face whilst patrolling the ship, or via the telephone. Therefore, good communication skills and a warm friendly attitude are a prerequisite. Previous experience working in the Emergency Services, Armed Forces, or a similar role with transferable skills, is advantageous.
- Regular hours to cover holidays, sickness and the additional cover required for evening events. This would approximately equate to twenty 12-hour and fifty 6-hours shifts per year.
- 12-hour day shifts (07:00-19:00), 12-hour night shifts (19:00-07:00), 6-hour back shift (18:00-23:59).
Company benefits include:
- 6.6 weeks pro rata annual holiday entitlement.
- Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
- Generous company pension.
- Life assurance.
- Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
- Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia.
- Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
- Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Security Officer to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Health, Safety & Security Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: Monday 2 August 2021
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.