A Royal Quiz
What better way to make the colder, winter nights feel shorter than with an online quiz with your family and friends? If you have already had your fair share at writing your own questions, let us help you with a ready-made Royal round.
- In 2017, HM Queen Elizabeth II marked her Sapphire Jubilee. How many years on the throne does a Sapphire Jubilee mark?
A. 55 years
B. 65 years
C. 75 years
- Which monarch was the first to take up residence at Buckingham Palace?
A. Queen Victoria
B. King George III
C. King William IV
- The Royal Family are well known for viewing tennis tournament Wimbledon from the Royal Box, but which member of Royalty actually competed in the championship?
A. Duchess of Cambridge
B. King George VI
C. Zara Tindall
- In what year did The Royal Yacht Britannia launch at Glasgow’s Clydebank?
- How many British Prime Ministers have governed during The Queen’s reign? (Extra points if you can name them all!)
What company created The Queen and Prince Philip’s wedding cake?
- B. 65 years. HM The Queen’s coronation was 2 June, 1953 at Westminster Abbey.
- A. Although King George III purchased what was then known as Buckingham House in 1761, Queen Victoria was the first to rule from Buckingham Palace.
- B. King George VI. In 1926, the then Duke of York competed in the Men’s Doubles.
- B. The Royal Yacht Britannia was launched on 16 April 1953.
- C. There have been 14 British Prime Ministers during The Queen’s reign: Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan, Sir Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson, Sir Edward Heath, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Theresa May and Boris Johnson.
Bonus Answer: McVitie and Price Ltd, more commonly now known as McVitie’s.